I’m just going to be completely honest with you guys cause I love you all so much and you deserve the truth. I’m also going to state the obvious. I am so behind with these blog posts #understatement.
I am the Queen of Lag.
I am not going to come up with excuses or try to deny the fact that I am just not on top of things. Cause really, this is the most unorganised I’ve been in my 21 years of existence… embracing the ‘YOLO’ life perhaps? Please don’t lose faith in me! I actually do have drafts lined up (which I really should post) but I have this hovering feeling that they’re just not complete or exactly how I want them to be. Oh hey, that was an excuse aye.. woops #soznotsoz
It’s currently 1:15am and I’m sitting in my kitchen, semi in the dark, with Coldplay’s Ghost Stories keeping me company while the rest of the flat catch their zzz’s. I arrived back home from Denmark late this evening and I really only have the next two days left in Madrid before I embark on the biggest trip I’ve yet to have in my life. It’s such a daunting thought that I won’t be back home until September. SEPTEMBER GUYS. Septiembre. Jo-freaking-derrrrr. In the next two days I need to sort out my life. I need to wash my clothes. I need to pack for 2 and a half months travel. I need to sort out my apartment situation with my landlord. I need to back up and print out all my tickets. I need to do my assignment for my Sydney university (…lol). I need to clean out my pantry. I need to book final flights and accommodation. I need to buy last minute travel necessities. I need to say my goodbyes.
It’s absolutely crazy to think that today marks 5 months since leaving Sydney. The past couple of months, especially, have been absolutely insane – filled with unexpectedly high stress levels, incredible trips, huge truckloads of drama, new experiences and new people. I’ve always been described as independent, ridiculously organised, the one that you can always rely on. I am none of those things right now. Or that’s how I feel anyway. At times it feels like everything is unravelling before me and at other times, it feels liberating to just take life as it comes. This whole year is certainly one giant learning curve and it’s definitely testing my limits. Every now and then I get moments of clarity and see that yeah, my life is pretty freaking fantastic (excluding the workload and the deadlines and the rapidly draining funds and the stress) and I’m so blessed. I am keen as a kidney bean for what’s ahead. ‘Ready’ is another thing altogether though.
- Swiss bliss in Zurich, Interlaken, Zermatt, and Lucerne
- Basque Country fun in Logroño (the food! the wine!), Bilbao and San Sebastian
- France (¡otra vez!) in Nice and Lyón with a day trip to Monaco ($$$$$$$$$)
- Tagine and couscous for daaaaayz in Morocco .. and lots of sand
- first solo trip to Copenhagen, Denmark
And here’s a brief rundown of what I have planned next:
- couch surfing in Frankfurt, Munich and Berlin
- central Europe vibes in Prague, Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest
- Italy adventure through Naples, Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice and Milan
- sailing trip around the Croatian islands
- and then more island hopping in Santorini, Ios and Mykonos in Greece
- tour of Turkey (fingers crossed for a hot air balloon ride! … with the readily available funds that I have)
- the canal tours and bike rides of Amsterdam
- La tomatina in Valencia
- laid back sessions in Lisbon and Porto, Portugal
I was SPENT after the 2 week England trip, so we’ll see how I go with this. I’m not entirely sure how I’ll be with posting (sincerest apologies from the bottom of mi corazon) but I will be bringing my laptop along so I won’t be completely MIA! Promise.
Til my next post,
Besos para ti xx